Wedding Coordinator Duties
If you choose not to hire a professional
wedding coordinator, please provide the name of the individual
who will be taking care of the following duties to your representative
so we may note it on your contract for our staff.
Please take into consideration what will be involved in orchestrating
your wedding day. It is recommended that no member of the
wedding party (including bride, groom, bridesmaids, groomsmen,
parents or family of the bride or groom) take this on.
Pre-Rehearsal and Wedding:
- Create and finalize master time line of all major wedding events and places: from rehearsal, ceremony, to cake cutting, first dance, toasting, arrival of vendors, etc.
- Send master timeline to all vendors, including DJ and Brookside Farm site attendant within two weeks of your event: Be prepared to re-do and re-send as many times as necessary until everyone is in sync.
- Make sure any and all specially requested touches or family traditions are integrated as requested by the bride throughout the pre-wedding process and wedding day.
- Set the date, time and coordinate all participants for the rehearsal including bridal party, family, officiant, musicians, etc.
- Orchestrate processional, recessional in order and to music desired.
- Assign ushers, guest book attendant, who will place party favors and by what time on the wedding day, go over job descriptions with each key player, what time they are expected to be there, etc.
- Assign bridal party the designated place and time of arrival, etc.
- Be present a couple of hours prior to start of ceremony
to greet and direct vendors as they arrive.
- Assist with final adjustments on placement of favors,
guest book, etc.
- Be ready with "survival kit" including a mini-sewing kit,
double-back tape, mints, Kleenex, etc. to assist with last
- Assist bride and bridal party as they get ready, assist
in getting bridal party and families to any pre-wedding
photographic sessions on time.
- Make sure they are out of the way in time for the arrival
of the first guests for the ceremony.
- Watch time very carefully and monitor guest arrival flow
of traffic to determine when to start ceremony. When this
time arrives, get bridal party, families and everyone queued
up and ready for processional.
- Final check on boutonnieres, corsages, flower arrangements,
ring on ring-bearer's pillow or with best man.
- Cue music.
- Start processional.
- Ensure bride's entrance is flawless.
- After ceremony, escort bridal party to a designated place
to take photos. Clear guests out of this area so site is
clear for photographer to complete final photographs with
bridal party and families.
- Ensure cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are ready to greet
guests before their arrival to the reception area.
- Make sure guest book is signed by incoming guests.
- Make sure gifts are placed on gift table. Provide scotch
tape and verify any loose cards are taped to their corresponding
gifts at the gift table.
- Time and orchestrate Grand Entrance of bridal party to
reception (after their final post-ceremony photos).
- Queue them up in correct order for their introduction.
- Ensure toast, first dance, cake- cutting etc. are all
orchestrated on time. Coordinate this with banquet staff.
- Assist the bride and groom as necessary in getting their
- If there is not a cake-cutting ceremony, be sure bride
and groom receive a piece of cake, and if they desire, save
the top of the cake for them.
- Instruct caterer on what to do with leftover food. (To
make this aspect of
things practical for you, your leftover food can be turned
over to Brookside
coordinator should you desire.)
- Assist the bride and groom as they exit the reception
for their honeymoon.
- Orchestrates and ensures all clean-up, and that all furnishings
are back in the position they were found in. Please follow
the cleanup check list.
Brookside Farm is operated by Family Care Foundation.
All proceeds from weddings support the charity work of Family Care Foundation, as do car donations. Click here to make a car donation, truck donation, RV donation or boat donation to Donate Car to Charity